Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Blackberry Picking


We had so much fun blueberry picking that we thought we'd give blackberry picking a try So on Saturday we went with Susan our neighbor to do some picking.  I remembered my camera this time I was so glad. I got a cute picture of Brianna and the berry lips, I know were all of her berries went that she picked. Savannah decided to help pick the blackberry too and then she thought eating it would be fun. Until she tasted it!!  The berries are a little sweet a little tart so when she got to the tart she pulled some pretty funny faces. I thought she would spit it out but no she ate it and then went for another one. We had a really fun time and enjoyed eating all the berries. I even attempted jam. I will post pictures of the jam soon.  Brianna had fun helping me stir and Savannah just kept us company on the side lines.  So far everyone has liked it.  So I have officially made my own

jam, with the help of two little girls. Pat would like a blackberry pie, so we will be heading back to pick more and then I will attempt a pie, or I'll make him make it. (He actually is a really good cook). So I'll let you all know how that goes. As you get to the bottom of the pictures the last one is a whole gallon of berries we ended up picking 3 total it was  a blast!!:)
























Look at that face isn't it pricless!!














No comments: